Past/Present/Future

Sunday, February 22, 2009


Here's some drafts I found just now, and I decided to post it here..

It's about things that I have posted here, including the post about a dream I had (about future computers), my Tea House presentation project, and of course Leonardo Da Vinci..



Well, I remember when I was having a presentation for the Tea Walk project last semester. One of the panelist for my presentation, told me about my plan geometry, that I can only made plan that’s exactly like the star of betlehem.

(since my plan is based on the star of betlehem , but I used rectangles rather than square and I move it so it doesn’t looks symmetrical from the plan).

I asked why can’t I?

She said, it’s because there are some orders that I couldn’t change.

(but this is plan, ma’am, and I didn’t think that my planning doesn’t have anything to do with the ‘orders’ she mentioned)


and she continues, she mentioned Leonardo Da Vinci, maybe because I put the inverted writing (that’s made famous by Da Vinci), which I put intentionally, not because I wanted to imitate Da Vinci.

She said that, “you are not Da Vinci. God has given Da Vinci such gift that his brain is so brilliant that he could create his own or new orders.”


This is actually a public statement and it’s not offensive at all..


But I'm unpleased by hearing her statement.

Which means, I cannot surpass Da Vinci? I cannot create new orders just because I’m not Da Vinci?

I don’t believe in such thing, I do believe that everyone could do anything. Everyone get the same chance!

If it’s about gift-from-God-thing, (I’m sorry if I think too highly of myself) I believed that I’ve got the gift from God as well, I’ve got the potential..! I wouldn’t afford losing just because of that potential thing..

If it’s about hardwork, or maybe environments, etc. that boost his capabilities and made him succeed with all those achievements.. I could accept that..


And after having this dream, about this technology..

Something bothered me, we all know that’s Da Vinci products aren’t only arts.

He’s also a genius philosopher and scientist.

He had this vision of flying machine just like the modern helicopters. But the technology in his era wouldn’t allow him to create such flying machine..


Now I’m asking, isn’t it possible that he had the same vision just like me?

The idea’s just drilled to his brain (of course also after he put some thought on it)..

And he tried to sketch it, to realize it, but unfortunately.. The technology wouldn’t allow me to.. Just like this ring-sized computer I just dreamt of..


Or maybe famous writers of sci-fi books and films like James Bond, with this vision of modern gadgets. And George Lucas, with his vision of a laser blade called lightsaber, weapon of the Jedi.

He imagined that the source of the laser would be a crystal powered by self-charging power cell which is strong enough and small enough to be placed inside the hilt.

But our technology isn’t that advanced yet, and I don’t think that we can limit a light movement (where the lightsaber blade would span up to about 1.2m).


Actually I’ve had my own theory of possible lightsaber construction. It would not light or laser based blade, but rather heat based blade.

The ultilization of the heat isn't like vibroblade, where the blade is heated up with a very high frequency generator (that's why it's called vibroblade), but rather a fireblade.

Because I remember that fire were made of three aspects, oxygen, fuel, and heat (or the fire itself).

Oxygen exist everywhere, all we need is this ‘fuel’ that could easily distributed to 1.2m span requirements that’s fit into the hilt for a very long period of time (and if possible, self-charging like the lightsaber power cell). And all we need is just an ignition button to fire up..!



Well, just to track back to possibilities of a more advanced ancient technology, George Lucas put this line in every Star Wars opening “a long time ago, in the galaxy far far away”.

See the line? ‘a long time ago’.. Maybe he also realized that there are possibilities that super advanced technology does exist in the past..!

Then, what's so special about Da Vinci? He's just an ordinary human, and a dreamer like us..

0 comments: