Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue

Saturday, January 12, 2008


Let's talk about money, coz I'm broke here! S.O.S. need money!! huhahaaha!!

There's a famous quote from Scott Adams, "accept that some days that you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue", which means we should have work hard while we have the time to (the pigeon days), coz we know that one day, there will be a time where we can't do much (the statue days).
It's just like the Islamic philosophy of time management.

And there are some good songs I'd like to talk about, it's about money as well (well, not all these songs actually talks about money). We Hate It When Our Friends Became Successful by Morrissey is a well speculated one, it could be pointed to Morrissey's ex-bandmates, after they sued Morrissey for The Smiths royalties. Morrissey even stated "I've been work so hard after the demise of The Smiths, and you.. how dare you to be successful!" or maybe, the song is pointed to himself, when his friends mocking him for being successful in his old ages.
Well, it's all caused by money, which in the other song that I'm talking, Swing Life Away by Rise Against, Tim McIlrath wrote a lyrics that he'd prefer had something that he even hardly knows called "friends" and he won't trade it for the world. That's the punkrock spirit!

Well honestly, if I'm being asked, to chose money or friends.. I tried not to be a hypocrite and I might choose money! (well..) BUT, as long as I could, I would always try not to throw away my friends, it's hard to get these days you know! Especially for a hard-to-socialize perfectionist like me.. well..

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

hey nice blog.. keep posting :)

goki said...

thanks, and sorry that I stopped writing.. but now I've done reviving my blog, some posts will be up soon.